Construction on 35th Ave NE to resume on April 8
Crews plan to restart construction for the 35th Ave NE Project between NE 75th and NE 89th streets on April 8. Please read below for detailed information about upcoming work.
Overview of upcoming work as of April 5, 2019
Zone C (between NE 75th and NE 89th streets):
On Monday, April 8, crews plan to begin grinding the top several inches of asphalt to prepare for paving. This work is expected to take approximately 2-3 days to complete. Once crews finish grinding, we will use street sweepers to clean-up the work area. Then we will make any additional repairs to the street base and upgrade the remaining curb ramps at NE 75th St and NE 89th St.
During grinding and base repair work, you can expect the following:
- NEW: Northbound detour: We have received an updated plan from the contractor and wanted to share it with the community prior to work starting. On April 8, 35th Ave NE will be open to southbound traffic only between NE 75th and NE 95th streets. Northbound traffic will be detoured to Sand Point Way NE between NE 75th and NE 95th streets.
- Trucks and other drivers that are traveling through the area may also use eastbound NE 65th St to Sand Point Way NE as a detour route
- The detour provides space on 35th for crews to work safely . The detour route to Sand Point Way NE is necessary because of the limited number of arterial streets in this area. It is also one of the few routes that accommodates truck traffic.
- Temporary driveway closures for up to 1 hour as the grinding machine passes
Please follow detour signs for everyone’s safety. During previous detours, we’ve heard concerns from your neighbors about cut-through traffic on side streets. Please follow the posted detour route and if you must use side streets to reach your home, please drive slowly and watch out for one another.
- Parking restrictions: Street parking will be closed on both sides of the street, 24/7 until construction is finished, between NE 75th and NE 89th streets
- Please read the restrictions listed on the no parking signs for details to avoid being ticketed or towed
- Limited turns to / from side streets and driveways on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and 89th streets: Side street access will be limited to establish a safe work area
- Temporary bus stop closures and reroutes: Get the latest information at King County Metro Alerts
- Typical work hours: Weekdays from 7 AM – 7 PM
25th Ave NE Paving Project
We’re coordinating with the 25th Ave NE Paving Project as they plan for final paving overnight in early April. During nighttime paving on 25th Ave NE, northbound traffic from 25th Ave NE will be detoured to 35th Ave NE south of NE 65th St. For the latest construction information, please see our construction email update archive
We know that construction projects like this can be disruptive and we appreciate those of you that reached out to us during the winter with questions and concerns. Our goal is to work as efficiently as possible to complete the remaining construction activities. Thank you for your patience.
You can find more background about this project on our webpage. Please forward this email to those you think will be interested or share this link to sign up to receive construction updates by email. If you have questions, please contact us at 35thAvePaving@seattle.gov or 206-512-3950.
35th Ave NE Project Outreach Team
Seattle Department of Transportation
Construction information line: (206) 512-3950