|Paving on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and NE 89th streets has been postponed andis now scheduled to take place starting at 6 PM on Friday, April 26. Paving activities may continue as late as 5 pm on Saturday, April 27 based on site conditions. This work is weather-dependent and could change.|
Overview of upcoming work as of April 18, 2019
Zone C (between NE 75th and NE 89th streets):
Crews continued preparing for final paving this week and made great progress by finishing all panel repairs on 35th Ave NE. Next week, people will continue to see crews in the project area conducting maintenance and electrical work prior to paving. Traffic control and parking restrictions will remain in place for your safety and the safety of our crews.
What to expect prior to paving on April 26:
- Typical work hours: Monday – Saturday 7 AM to 7 PM
- Northbound detour: Northbound traffic will be detoured to Sand Point Way NE between NE 75th and NE 95th streets.
- 35th will be fully open between NE 65th and 75th streets. However, trucks and other drivers that are traveling through the area may use eastbound NE 65th St to Sand Point Way NE as a detour route.
Please follow detour signs for everyone’s safety. During previous detours, we’ve heard concerns from your neighbors about cut-through traffic on side streets. Please follow the posted detour route and if you must use side streets to reach your home, please drive slowly and watch out for one another.
- Driveway access: Crews may need to partially block driveways to accommodate safe work zones near existing driveways
- If a full driveway closure is needed, we will notify businesses and residents in advance
- Limited turns to/from side streets on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and 89th streets: Side street access will be limited to establish a safe work area
- Parking restrictions: Street parking will be closed 24/7 on both sides of 35th Ave NE between NE 73rd and NE 89th streets until construction is finished
- Please read the restrictions listed on the no parking signs for details to avoid being ticketed or towed
- Temporary bus stop closures and reroutes: Get the latest information at King County Metro Alerts
Detour map April 18 – 25
What to expect during nighttime paving, scheduled for Friday, April 26:
- Nighttime paving hours: Starting approximately 6 PM on Friday, April 26 through as late as 5 PM on Saturday, April 27 (based on site conditions and work progress)
- 35th Ave NE will be fully closed to vehicle traffic between NE 75th and NE 90th streets
- Vehicles will be detoured at NE 65th and NE 95th streets to Sand Point Way NE
- Local access only will be maintained for residents and businesses from NE 65th to NE 75th and from NE 90th to NE 95th
- Residents and businesses between 75th and 90th streets will not have access to their driveways on 35th Ave NE during nighttime paving
- Please park on side streets before 6 PM on Friday, April 26
- All sidewalks will remain open. People walking will be able to cross 35th Ave NE at NE 75th St and NE 90th St
- Please do not walk across 35th Ave NE during paving. Asphalt and tar are very hot and harmful to people and animals
- Bus stops may be temporarily closed and buses may be rerouted during paving: get the latest information at King County Metro Alerts
- Please note, paving is weather dependent and may be rescheduled
If you have access concerns, please contact our project information line, 206-512-3950, as soon as possible and we will do our best to minimize impacts during nighttime paving.
Nighttime paving detour map: April 26 – 27
|25th Ave NE Paving Project|
We’re coordinating with the 25th Ave NE Paving Project
as they complete final paving. During nighttime paving on 25th Ave NE, northbound traffic from 25th Ave NE will be detoured to 35th Ave NE south of NE 65th St. For the latest construction information, please see our construction email update archive.
35TH AVE NE PROJECT DROP-IN SESSION
We’re hosting a drop-in session where you can learn more about the new design and how 35th Ave NE will operate in the future. This will be an open house event with no formal presentation. Please join us at whatever time is most convenient for you. We’ll have information boards and staff available to answer your questions. Event details below:
Wednesday, April 243 – 7 PM
Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center, 6535 Ravenna Ave NE, Seattle
Translation services and accommodations available if requested one week in advance. Can’t attend the event? Visit our webpage for additional information.
We know that construction projects like this can be disruptive and we appreciate those of you that reached out to us during the winter with questions and concerns. Our goal is to work as efficiently as possible to complete the remaining construction activities. Thank you for your patience.
You can find more background about this project on our webpage. Please forward this email to those you think will be interested or share this link to sign up to receive construction updates by email. If you have questions, please contact us at 35thAvePaving@seattle.gov or 206-512-3950.
35th Ave NE Project Outreach Team
Seattle Department of Transportation
Construction information line: (206) 512-3950